Monday 28 March 2011

Front page


This is my front page. It was a struggle to make it look proffesional. I used photoshop to edit my main image, then I moved thr file onto publisher to help create a good layout. I am happy with my front cover because all the information is readable and relevant. Also, my picture looks like it was not taken under studio lights, thus giving it a home-made finish. This helps to appeal to my intended audience as it makes the band look down to earth and natural. Plus, the image looks like a picture anyone could take, and thus the audience can relate to the image. I have kept up the house style using the same three colours: white, blue and red. These link to our union jack logo.
However, the front cover still lack the professional finish, something is missing. I have done the best with the programme software I had available and my own talent in using them. Although I am happy with the end result, I feel that it could be improved and the finished cover does not look exactly as I'd pictured it.
Making this front cover, I have learnt how using photoshop can give my images a finished look, and it can change the lighting subtly to create the atmosphere I wanted. I have also learnt how important the positioning of people in my images can be, and what certain body language can portray to create meaning.

By Maddy

No comments:

Post a Comment